The list of five, which comprises of the three nominated combinations for the team, an alternate and a reserve, was put forward by Horse Sport Ireland’s eventing high performance director Sally Corscadden.
The full list of nominated horse and rider combinations for the Irish Olympic eventing squad is as follows:
- Cathal Daniels, with Margaret Kinsella’s 14-year-old mare Rioghan Rua (breeder: Margaret Kinsella)
- Sarah Ennis, with Breda Kennedy’s 12-year-old with gelding Horseware Woodcourt Garrison (breeder: Patrick J Kearns)
- Sam Watson, with Vahe Bogossian’s 11-year-old gelding Tullabeg Flamenco (breeder: Nicholas Cousins)
- Alternate combination – Austin O’Connor, with his own and the Salty Syndicate’s 11-year-old gelding Colorado Blue (breeder: Mellon Stud)
- Reserve combination– Joseph Murphy, with the Way Forward Syndicate’s Cesar V (breeder: Elke & Robert Vietor)
Article continues below…
You might also be interested in:
The British Olympic showjumping nominated entries have been updated after a leading British rider sustained a broken ankle in a
The selectors have made several changes to the British Olympic eventing entries following recent competitions
The names have been submitted to be considered for selection by the Olympic Federation of Ireland and the official selection of horses and riders for Tokyo will be made by this “in the coming days”.
Horse & Hound magazine, out every Thursday, is packed with all the latest news and reports, as well as interviews, specials, nostalgia, vet and training advice. Find how you can enjoy the magazine delivered to your door every week, plus options to upgrade to access our H&H Plus online service which brings you breaking news as it happens as well as other benefits.