The first day of Blenheim Horse Trials dressage is over – here are the eight things you need to know about today’s action in front of the majestic palace…
1. Ros Canter leads the young horse CCI4*-S on eight-year-old Izilot DHI, who she says is the most talented horse she’s ever sat on.
4. Emily King and Valmy Biats held the Blenheim Horse Trials dressage lead until the final set of riders before the lunchtime break in the CCI4*-L.
- Discover what help her mother, multi-medallist and five-star winner Mary, gave Emily before her test
5. After the event’s cancellation last year due to Covid-19, riders are delighted to be back at Blenheim Palace – “somewhere with history,” as Piggy March said.
6. Competitors are looking forward to tackling David Evans’s cross-country courses over the weekend.
8. Oliver Townend was in action in the CCI4*-L on Thursday afternoon aboard one of two new rides he is partnering at Blenheim Horse Trials this week.
- Learn more about why it’s “not about Blenheim” for this exciting horse, and hear from the highest-placed Blenheim first timer on the opening day of dressage, who had a dream start to her campaign this week
You might also be interested in:
Horse & Hound magazine, out every Thursday, is packed with all the latest news and reports, as well as interviews, specials, nostalgia, vet and training advice. Find how you can enjoy the magazine delivered to your door every week, plus options to upgrade your subscription to access our online service that brings you breaking news and reports as well as other benefits.