Great Britain’s Joe Stockdale is one of the country’s leading young riders and was selected for the 2021 European Showjumping Championships in Riesenbeck, Germany, with his top horse Equine America Cacharel.
Based in Northamptonshire, Joe is the 21-year-old is the son of the late Olympic showjumper Tim Stockdale. He was a keen member of the Oakley Hunt West branch of the Pony Club, competing in tetrathlon, showjumping and mounted games teams.
Through Joe’s teenage years, horses took a back seat while followed his dream to be a professional cricketer and he played for Northampton County.
However, Joe was selected for his first junior showjumping team in 2017, he jumped at the British Showjumping national championships in 2018 and, following the tragic death of his father, Joe decided to concentrate full-time on his riding – and he hasn’t looked back since!
What are Joe Stockdale’s biggest achievements?
– won the under-25 championship at Royal Windsor in 2019
– represented Great Britain on young rider teams
– jumped on senior Nations Cups teams
– selected to compete for Great Britain at the European Showjumping Championships
– won the five-fence challenge at Horse of the Year Show in 2018