Britain’s sole five-star is set to take place in Devon this autumn at the Chedington Bicton Park Horse Trials (2-5 September). To ensure you don’t miss a moment of the action, here’s our complete guide on how to watch Bicton Horse Trials.
How to watch Bicton Horse Trials
The trot-up (Thursday 1 September) and dressage (Friday 2 September) will be free to view.
The cross-country (Saturday 3 September) and the final trot-up and showjumping phases (Sunday 4 September) can be watched with a ‘Weekend Pass’, which are now available for £25, or for £20 for H&C+ members.
All Weekend Pass holders will be able to watch all of the content on-demand for 90 days following the event.
Horse & Country TV say: “Produced by the team behind the Event Rider Masters series, Elite Eventing offers a global first that creates a direct link between you the viewer, and the sport through the creation of the ‘Elite Eventing Premium’ prize fund.
In the simplest of terms – for every sale of the Chedington Bicton Park 5* Live Stream Weekend Pass, over the initial 5,000 purchases, Elite Eventing donates £7.50 directly into the additional prize fund for the Top 10 Bicton 5*. Funds will also be available for the further development of the sport.”
You can purchase your Bicton Horse Trials Weekend Pass here.
How to follow Bicton with H&H
- Issue dated 26 August: course walk with Mary King and interview with five-star first-timer Will Rawlin.
- Issue dated 2 September: full form guide with information on every pair competing.
- Issue dated 9 September: 17-page report including in-depth analysis of every page and exclusive opinion from course-designer Mark Phillips.
Find our extensive online coverage at horseandhound.co.uk/bicton, including…
- Video of Mary King walking the key combinations.
- Full course pictures for the cross-country (online Thursday, 2 September) and showjumping (online Sunday, 5 September).
- Numerous reports throughout and after every phase.
- Daily previews including ride times for key contenders.
- Find all our podcasts at horseandhound.co.uk/podcast or search “Horse and Hound podcast” in your podcast app – and then hit subscribe or follow to ensure each new podcast automatically downloads so you don’t miss any episodes.
- Listen to an interview with competitor Ros Canter on the 2 September episode.
- Review of the action on 9 September episode.
You might also be interested in:
Horse & Hound magazine, out every Thursday, is packed with all the latest news and reports, as well as interviews, specials, nostalgia, vet and training advice. Find how you can enjoy the magazine delivered to your door every week, plus options to upgrade your subscription to access our online service that brings you breaking news and reports as well as other benefits.