The British nominated entries have been revealed for the 2021 European Eventing Championships.
A total of 18 combinations are named on the list, with the selected squad of six plus reserves set to be announced next week (around 27 August).
The eventing Europeans were originally cancelled, owing to the postponement of the Tokyo Olympics by a year, but were reinstated due to demand. The championships will be held at Avenches in Switzerland from 22 to 26 September.
The nominated entries, in alphabetical order, are:
- Sarah Bullimore, 48, with the Kew Jumping Syndicate, Brett Bullimore’s and her own homebred 10-year-old gelding Corouet (Balou du Rouet x Lovis Corinth)
- Ros Canter, 35, with Caroline Moore’s and her own 16-year-old gelding Allstar B (Ephebe For Ever x Erkstein), bred by FAJ Van der Burg. Ros is also listed with Michele Saul’s nine-year-old gelding Lordships Graffalo (Grafenstolz x Rock King), bred by Lordships Stud, Writtle College
- Kirsty Chabert, 32, with John Johnston and Carole Somers’ 12-year-old mare Classic IV (by Calvaro FC), bred by P Charles
- Emilie Chandler, 40, with Maria Doel’s 12-year-old gelding Gortfadda Diamond (Water Valley Cool Diamond x Glacial Storm), bred by Sean Thomas Lydon
- Laura Collett, 31, with Keith Scott, Nick How’s and her own 13-year-old gelding Mr Bass (Carrico x Exorbitant XX), bred by Henning Heinz
- Kristina Cook, 50, with Elisabeth Murdoch and Keith Tyson’s 14-year-old gelding Billy the Red (Balou du Rouet x Stan The Man XX), bred by Michaela Weber-Herrmann
- William Fox- Pitt, 52, with Jennifer Dowling’s and his own 12-year-old gelding Little Fire (Graf Top x Heraldik), bred by Dr Volker Steinkraus. Willian is also listed with the Oratorio Syndicate’s 12-year-old gelding Oratorio (Oslo Biats x Topanoora), bred by R Jenks
- Pippa Funnell, 52, with Jonathan and Jane Clarke’s 13-year-old gelding MGH Grafton Street (by OBOS Quality), bred by Padraig and Lucy McCarthy, and Barbara and Nicholas Walkinshaw’s 12-year-old gelding Billy Walk On (Billy Mexico x Golden Bash), bred by Donal Barnwell
- Yasmin Ingham, 24, with Janette Chinn and Sue Davies’ 10-year-old gelding Banzai Du Loir (Nouma D’Auzay x Livarot), bred by Pierre Gouye
- Kitty King, 38, with Diana Bown, Sally Eyre, Samantha Wilson and Sally Lloyd-Baker’s 12-year-old gelding Vendredi Biats (Winningmood x Camelia De Ruelles), bred by Phillipe Brivois
- Piggy March, 40, with John and Chloe Perry and Alison Swinburn’s 12-year-old gelding Brookfield Inocent (Inocent x Kings Servant), bred by John Mulvey
- Harry Meade, 37, with his own 12-year-old gelding Superstition (by Satisfaction FRH), bred by Eva Meier
- Izzy Taylor, 38, with Mark Sartori’s and her own 10-year-old gelding Monkeying Around (Bertoli W x Donnerhall II), bred by Christian Heinrich
- Oliver Townend, 38, with Angela Hislop’s 16-year-old gelding Cooley Master Class (Ramiro B x Master Imp), bred by John Hagan
- Nicola Wilson, 44, with Deirdre Johnston and James and Jo Lambert’s 10-year-old gelding JL Dublin (Diarados Cheeky Boy x Cantano), bred by Volker Coettsche-Goetze
The list is open to amendments “at any stage”, with selection decisions subject to horses and riders maintaining fitness and performance.
You might also be interested in:
“We are happy to be able to give our community something to look forward to during these difficult days”
The FEI board has agreed to reopen the bid process for next year’s eventing Euros in a full 180-degree shift
Horse & Hound magazine, out every Thursday, is packed with all the latest news and reports, as well as interviews, specials, nostalgia, vet and training advice. Find how you can enjoy the magazine delivered to your door every week, plus options to upgrade your subscription to access our online service that brings you breaking news and reports as well as other benefits.