At the close of the first day of Badminton Horse Trials dressage, at the event presented by Mars Equestrian, Tom McEwen – the fourth rider into the arena this morning – still leads the way with Toledo De Kerser.
- Find out why Kitty was stressed yesterday and how Mollie is coping with the pressure of coming here as a five-star winner
- Where Tamie made an early mistake in her test and why Piggy was nervous about Vanir Kamira remembering 2019
- What Oliver loves about Swallow Springs
Emily King was the best of the riders in the final session today, riding Valmy Biats.
Top riders also talked about their first impressions of the cross-country course, designed by Eric Winter.
- Thoughts from Ros Canter, Piggy March, Pippa Funnell and more
- See pictures of all the cross-country jumps
There were also some great stories from riders competing in the Badminton Horse Trials dressage today.
- Meet the married couple who are both competing – he’s a building site manager, she nearly gave up eventing after pregnancy complications
- The ex-racehorse having another crack at five-star after four years away
You might also be interested in:
Horse & Hound magazine, out every Thursday, is packed with all the latest news and reports, as well as interviews, specials, nostalgia, vet and training advice. Find how you can enjoy the magazine delivered to your door every week, plus options to upgrade your subscription to access our online service that brings you breaking news and reports as well as other benefits.