In this week’s Horse & Hound magazine, out on Thursday 1 April, we bring you the showjumping special, guest edited by Hugh Grant, including a look at how older riders compete with the younger generation and much more. We also bring you a feature on looking beyond conformation and whether you can train a horse to overcome his defects. You can also enjoy all the news and reports, including eventing from Burgham, showing from the Ponies (UK) Winter Classic and much more.
What’s in Horse & Hound magazine: 1 April 2015
- Ludger Beerbaum: Talks longevity, lessons learned and more with his friend and rival John Whitaker
- The 50-year age gap: How does the older generation compete with the younger showjumpers?
- Hello Sanctos: What makes him a winning machine?
- Small-time breeders: The studs with big visions
- Looking beyond conformation: Can you train a horse to overcome his defects?
- 10 insurance blunders: How to get the most out of your insurance and what to avoid
- Hunting: Exmoor
- Hunting: George Bowyer comment
- Eventing: Burgham and Great Witchingham
- Eventing starting box: Swalcliffe, Aldon and more
- Dressage: Barcelona and highlights
- Showing: Ponies (UK) Winter Classic and BSPS Hereford Marches
- Showing: Stuart Hollings comment
- Showjumping: Morris EC and round-ups
- Showjumping global focus: Winter Equestrian Festival and round-up
- Racing: Dubai World Cup and the Lincoln
- Racing: Richard Johnson comment
- Point-to-point: Larkhill, Cotley and more
- Point-to-point: Darren Edwards comment
- Team Chasing: Fernie
- Dog attacks at record high
- Owners urged to help in rescue survey
- Letters: Have your say
- The best of my fun, I owe it to…: Anna Ross
- Property: Equestrian heaven in Norfolk
- Vet clinic: Overreach and tread wounds
- Subscription offer: sign up today for huge savings
- The horse that made me: John Whitaker
- Horses for sale: new on the market this week
Get your magazine today