Horse & Hound’s Olympic preview special issue goes on sale tomorrow (28 July).
This bumper 148-page magazine is your essential guide to making the most of all the equestrian action in Rio over the next month.
The preview includes:
- Special collector’s cover
- Detailed profiles of all the British and Irish contenders
- Medal predictions from H&H’s expert eventing, dressage and showjumping editors
- Foreign challengers and teams to watch out for
- Full timetable, with Brazilian and British times
- TV times
- How to follow with H&H
- Advice from experienced Olympians to those making their debuts
- Age and the athlete: why riders go on longer
- Interview with British dressage team lynchpin Carl Hester
- Vet clinic: how the horses fly to Rio
- Horse hero: Kitty King’s British eventing team horse Ceylor LAN
- Best of my fun: Dutch event rider Tim Lips
- How I won my medals: two-time Olympian Pippa Funnell
- My Olympic horse: London team gold medallist Peter Charles on Vindicat W
The magazine features a special collector’s cover, which readers can unfold to reveal its full glory.
“Our team has been working on the concept for this cover for months and I absolutely love it,” said H&H magazine editor Pippa Roome.
“It’s very different to our usual H&H covers because we wanted to make this feel like a real occasion. But the fact it features the most popular British horse and rider stars means it also taps into everything our readers know and love — and expect to receive from H&H so they can make the most of the exciting month ahead.”
H&H is sending two journalists and a photographer to Rio for the whole Games so that we can provide the best possible coverage, both on our website and in the magazine.
- Michael Jung’s Sam to bid to become third horse to win back-to-back individual Olympic eventing gold
- Nick Skelton on his Rio selection: ‘They’ll take us there on stretchers’
- Rio Olympics dressage teams: confirmed riders
Don’t miss any of H&H’s Olympic issues:
- 28 July: Olympic preview
- 4 August: Olympic pull-out form guide — including every rider and horse at the Games, plus scorecards to fill in
- 12 August (H&H is published on Friday this week to allow us to report the full Olympic eventing, which finishes on Tuesday, 9 August): Olympic eventing report
- 18 August: Olympic dressage report
- 25 August: Olympic showjumping report
- 1 September: Olympic commemorative issue