In this week’s Horse & Hound magazine, out on Thursday 1 January, we bring you the Olympia special report including showjumping, showing, driving and quadrille. Harry Meade also helps three riders break some bad habits and find the H&H team take on four new equestrian activities. You can also enjoy all the news and reports, including dressage from Merrist Wood and hunting from the Surrey Union and North Ledbury and much more.
What’s in Horse & Hound magazine: 1 January 2015
Olympia special report
- Showjumping: Ben Maher wins for the Brits riding exciting new talent
- Showing: Young Welsh stallion is crowned Supreme Champion from 11 breeds
- Driving: Australian Boyd Exell takes the honours
- Quadrille: Essex-based club Saffron Walden and District claim seventh title
- Hunt heroes: We meet the brilliant Irish tearaway Saxon, who knows the country as well as his rider does
- New year, new challenge: The H&H team lend their bodies — and pride — to four equestrian activities
- Revamping your riding: Harry Meade helps three competitors break some bad habits
- Prolific pointers: ’14 going on four’ — we find out why the popular Barney’s Mate just keeps on winning
- Dressage: Merrist Wood, West Wilts and highlights
- Hunting: Surrey Union, North Ledbury
- Hunting: Richard Gurney comment
- Racing: Ascot
- Racing: Richard Johnson comment
- Sport horse: Carole Mortimer comment
- Point-to-point: Jaqueline Coward comment
- British win and a thrilling puissance at Olympia
- The Hand Equestrian Centre closes
- Will Germany put a tax on horses?
- Are riders taking enough care of their teeth?
- Letters: Have your say
- Ask H&H: What ahppens to my horse in a divorce?
- Vet clinic: Vets’ New Year wishes
- Subscription offer: sign up today for huge savings
- The moment: James Beim
- Horses for sale: new on the market this week
Get your magazine today