The Netherlands currently hold the gold medal spot, as the team competition hits the halfway point, with Dinja van Liere heading the leaderboard on plus-78% with the 10-year-old Easy Game son Hermes.
- Find what Dinja had to say about her super test: what she was pleased with and what she would like to improve
Meanwhile, Britain sit in fifth position at this stage of the World Dressage Championships, after a very good test from Gareth Hughes and Classic Briolinca left them sixth on the leaderboard.
Eventing legend Ingrid Klimke and team debutante Benjamin Werndl each scored a grand prix personal best put defending champions Germany into the silver medal position at this stage.
- Discover what Ingrid had to say about her test – and the difference between dressage and eventing championships
Richard Davison and Bubblingh got the ball rolling for Britain earlier in the day, 20 years after Richard rode Bubblingh’s dam at the World Equestrian Games in Jerez.
- Hear why Richard’s test here in Herning didn’t go quite to plan, and about the bond between the pair
There was great excitement as two Indian riders made World Dressage Championships history today.
- Find out more about the two Indian riders in action in Herning, and what unusual food one of their horses loves to eat
Ireland got off to a positive start with Devon-based Alex Baker making her championship debut on Dutchman.
However, Ireland were dealt a blow later in the day as Sorrell Klatzko was eliminated close to the start of her test with Turbo
- Find out why Sorrell was sadly eliminated in the grand prix and what she had to say about it afterwards
You may also be interested in…