Not going to Scotland for the Longines FEI European Eventing Championships at Blair? Don’t worry — we have plenty of suggestions for anyone wanting to join in the fun from home.
1. Follow British European squad riders on twitter — all of them use it, apart from Pippa Funnell
- Laura Collett — @CollettEventing
- Dani Evans — @DLEventing
- William Fox-Pitt — @foxpitteventing
- Kitty King — @kittyeventing
- Wills Oakden — @WOakdenEventing
- Gemma Tattersall — @GTeventing
- Izzy Taylor — @1izzytaylor
- Oliver Townend — @Oliver_Townend
- Francis Whittington — @FWeventing
- Nicola Wilson — @NWEventing
- Holly Woodhead — @hollyWoodhead2
2. Get into the Scottish spirit
Drink whisky. Eat tablet (that’s a Scottish crumbly fudge for the uninitiated). Wear tartan.
3. Get even more into the Scottish spirit
4. Put Thursdays in your diary
Make sure you don’t miss any of these issues of Horse & Hound so you’re fully informed:
- 3 September — full preview, including walk of Ian Stark’s cross-country track with former Blair winner Andrew Hoy, plus find out who will be the hot favourites to take the medals
- 10 September — interview with Blair director Alec Lochore
- 17 September — 18-page report including all the best pictures and analysis
- In fact, why don’t you just take out a subscription and be sure you never miss a thing?
5. Plan how you will follow the competition
We are offering our H&H Live service from every phase of the competition at Blair. This is an up-to-the-minute written commentary, with expert opinion from H&H dressage columnist Anna Ross on dressage days, plus H&H staff over the weekend. You can also post comments and take part in polls. Sign up for a reminder or follow here www.horseandhound.co.uk/blair2015live
In addition we will post reports on the action and a daily British individual round-up. Plus look out for cross-country course photos on Wednesday, 9 Septemmber.
Find all our European Championships online coverage here: www.horseandhound.co.uk/european-eventing-championships
6. Become an eventing European Championships geek
On this page you can download the press kit from the last European Championships in Malmõ in 2013, which includes a great history of the event and lots of fascinating facts. You can also check out all the British medallists at the eventing Europeans here.
7. We’re back on the Scottish theme. Listen to bagpipes
8. Or deep fry a mars bar
9. Mug up on the dressage test
It is test 2015 3* B — have a look here.