- Horse & Hound’s Horses for Sale section – both online and in the magazine – has a new sponsor.Julie and Phil Middleton, owners of Equine America, said they are delighted to be the new sponsors of the Horses for Sale section, from today (19 July).
“Having worked with Horse & Hound for many years we feel that we are ideally suited to offer the very best equine supplements to horse owners worldwide,” said Mr Middleton.
Horse and Hound would like to thank NAF for their many years of support to this section.
- Six obstacles at the Midlands Driving Trials Group’s (MDTG) new venue at Onley, will be sponsored by generous businesses.MDTG treasurer-elect Mike Hawley has kindly arranged a deal with five local businesses and well-known carriage maker, Fenix Carriages, for the competition which will be held on Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 August.
As well as Fenix Carriages, the sponsors are Howkins & Harrison Estate Agents, the National Farmers Union (NFU) Stoneleigh, Rollason Engineering, Spring Paddocks Veterinary Centre and equine dental technician Steve Welsh.
- International fashion designer and title sponsor of the FEI World Cup Dressage series Reem Acra is lending her support to the FEI’s Best Athlete Award for the third consecutive year.The Reem Acra Best Athlete Award honours an athlete (equine or human) or a combination that, over the past year, has demonstrated exceptional skill and fair-play in any FEI discipline.
New York-based Reem Acra said she was “delighted” to support this award, which has rewarded Meredith Michaels-Beerbaum (2009), Edward Gal and Totilas (2010) and Adelinde Cornelissen (2011).
Gatehouse is working with the Child Brain Injury Trust to help raise the charity’s profile in the equestrian sector.Tracey Woods, sales and marketing manager for the brand, said, “We are delighted to help the Child Brain Injury Trust in any way we can.”
Gatehouse became involved with the charity when it stepped in to support a fundraising course walk by charity patron, Mary King as part of the Child Brain Injury Trust’s Challenge 21 campaign.
The event was planned for Badminton but has now been rescheduled for Burghley Horse Trials at the end of August.
A raffle is also being arranged for later in the year and will feature, among other items, a Gatehouse HS1 Jockey Skull signed by a large number of leading equestrians.
- Online equestrian directory Horse Rider Guide has donated 200 apples to horse charity HorseWorld.The Bristol-based HorseWorld was chosen as UK Horse Rider Guide’s charity of the year in April and the company donated an apple to the charity for every review submitted.
More than 200 reviews were submitted to the site and Becky Spencer, from UK Horse Rider Guide made an official presentation of the apples to the charity, on 10 July.
Equiport will now be supporting top show producer Katie Jerram.In addition to being successful in the show-ring, Katie is also a popular trainer and runs clinics to help other riders achieve their showing goals.
During these clinics, she receives many questions about bitting specific horses, which led to Katie recommending Equiport bits.
Equiport makes bits to order, allowing customers to choose bits made to their exact specifications.
- Equestrian clothing company Animo UK is the new sponsor of the British Showjumping pony, children, junior and young rider teams.Since 1980, the British Showjumping youth teams have won a grand total of 134 medals, 70 of these being gold.
The Team Animo Children, Junior and Young Rider Teams will compete at their respective European Championships at the Magna Racino in Ebreichsdorf, Austria on 13-19 August.
And the Team Animo Pony Team are competing at their European Championship in Fontainebleau (17- 22 July).
- Ariat would like to extend its congratulations to its sponsored riders, Mary King, Tina Cook, William Fox-Pitt, Nicola Wilson and Zara Phillips, who will ride at the 2012 Olympic Games.
- Bucas will sponsor the CIC* five- and six-year-old class at Camphire International (2-5 August).This class, which has run at Camphire International Horse Trials over the last two years, attracts the cream of young event horses at this level and is a good opportunity for the selectors to view potential combinations to represent the Irish sport horse at the world breeding championships which take place at Le Lion d’Angers in October.
- In a move that seems somewhat ironic given the wet weather, the Royal National Lifeboat Institute (RNLI) has been chosen as this year’s official charity for Blair Castle International Horse Trials and Country Fair.The RNLI’s running costs average around £378,000 a day, all of which comes from the public.
Hannah Marsh, assistant director of the horse trials, said, “During the past 10 years that I have worked at the event, we have raised over £100,000 for charity.
“I hope that this year we can support the wonderful work of the RNLI as much as possible.”
- Eco ComfyBed is the official bedding supplier for this year’s Horse of the Year Show (3-7 October) at Birmingham’s NEC.Eco ComfyBed is produced from seasoned softwood fibres and is a dust-free product that the manufacturers say can take less time to muck out than other beddings.
During the Horse of the Year Show week, 1,500 horses and ponies will be bedded down on Eco ComfyBed.
Redpin Publishing is to return to BETA International as sponsor of the New Product Gallery for the third year running.The New Product Gallery sits at the heart of BETA International and is the first port of call for many visitors arriving at the show.
All items featured are clearly labelled and marked with stand numbers for easy identification in the exhibition halls, and this popular feature will be given a stylish design update for 2013.
“The New Product Gallery is a vital part of the trade fair, as it highlights those brands that are pushing the boundaries and expectations of customers, and that’s something that sits very well with our own ethos,” said Redpin Publishing owner Sara Haines.
BETA International is the leading trade fair for the equestrian, pet products and country clothing markets.
The 2013 show will take place at the NEC, Birmingham, from 17 to 19 February.
- Dressage rider Emile Faurie is now sponsored by RB Equestrian.RB Equestrian, near Milton Keynes, stocks a comprehensive range of competition and leisure wear, including a large collection of riding jackets and riding boots to ensure every rider can find their perfect fit.
Director Kathryn Jaquet said: “Emile is not only a true sportsman but a dedicated trainer and a compassionate man with a vision to share his love of riding and horses with children through the Emile Faurie Foundation.
“We are very proud that he has agreed to represent the RB Equestrian brand.”
- Dag Albert, one of Sweden’s most prestigious event riders has chosen Pureflax Oil to feed to his event horse Tubber Rebel.Grown, cold pressed and bottled on the farm in Yorkshire, PureFlax is a 100% pure and natural source of flaxseed oil for all animals, and is the only oil on the market with a full balance of Omega 3, 6 and 9.
- Leading Italian saddler brand Equipe has announced a new sponsorship deal with international dressage rider and trainer Peter Storr.Peter is currently the trainer of the British Dressage Pony Team.
He said: “I am excited to be working with the Equipe team, their saddles really do make a difference to the way a horse performs, they are supple through the back and a lot softer.
“My dressage competition scores have increased by 5% just by changing over to Equipe! Not only have my horses seen the benefit but some of the Team GB Pony riders using the smaller sizes have improved dramatically.”
- Champion Hats is continuing its support of Team Ireland Equestrian as the official suppliers of hats and helmets to Team Ireland Equestrian’s pony, junior, young rider and senior eventing teams.Horse Sport Ireland’s chief executive, Damian McDonald, said: “We are delighted that Champion has come on board again this year.”
Carrs BMW, an authorised BMW retailer based in Bury St Edmunds, will again sponsor the lead rein pony of hunter type of the year at Horse of the Year Show (HOYS) on Saturday 6 October.Carrs BMW sponsored the ridden purebred M&M pony of the year before moving on to sponsor the lead rein pony of hunter type of the year championship for the third time this year.
For show information, including the full show timetable and timings, and to book, visit www.hoys.co.uk or call 0844 581 8282.