Racehorse trainer Derek Shaw is hosting his first annual charity open day and party on 21 August at his yard, the Sidings, near Melton Mowbray.
Recipients of the proceeds raised will be the Derbyshire, Leicester and Rutland Air Ambulance.
Following the tragic death of their 15-month-old daughter Ellie Mae in January 2010, despite the service provided by the air ambulance, Derek and his wife Lyndsey decided to host an annual Open Day to raise funds in recognition of their efforts.
Tickets cost £25 and include:
- Hog roast, dessert and a glass of bubbly
- Live evening band
- Display of horses on the gallops
- Launch of the new ShawThing Partnership which will offer five and
- 10 per cent shares in racehorses
- A display of natural horsemanship
- High quality raffle and charity auction
Prizes and lots for the raffle and auction include:
- New football boots signed by Michael Owen
- Private tour of Darley Stud including lunch and racing in the afternoon
- Day at Eden Hall Spa
- Signed Nottingham Forest Shirt
- Day out at the races for four as owners for the day
- Shares in racehorses from Ownaracehorse
- Tea at the Ritz London for two
- Murder Mystery weekend in 4* hotel
No children under 10 allowed. For tickets, email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01476 860578 or 07721 039645