The nominated entries for the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games have been released today (Thursday 31 July) — revealing the reserves for the British eventing squad, which had not previously been announced.
The omission of Piggy French and Jakata — who has returned from injury with some strong results this spring — from the nominated entries confirms that the 2011 Badminton runners-up are not in the running for selection.
The front runners for the two available slots are believed to be Harry Meade with Wild Lone and Izzy Taylor with Orlando, with Gemma Tattersall and Arctic Soul also in the running.
The list released today shows that the full list of reserves (in alphabetical order) is:
- Jodie Amos and Wise Crack
- Sarah Bullimore and Reve Du Rouet/Valentino V
- William Fox-Pitt and Bay My Hero/Parklane Hawk
- Louise Harwood and Whitson
- Richard Jones and Highland Ford
- Harry Meade and Wild Lone (pictured)
- Gemma Tattersall and Arctic Soul
- Izzy Taylor and Orlando
- Oliver Townend and Armada
- Nicola Wilson and Annie Clover/Beltane Queen