Do you know your Grand National winners from your eventing champions and your Hickstead Derby victors?
Whether you’re a Mastermind marvel, a champion of The Chase, a Countdown boffin or just an all-round horsey nerd, we hope you’ll enjoy working out the names of these famous horses — both past and present — spelt out for you in emojis (with some handy clues just in case you do get stuck along the way).
Yes, it’s time to grab a cuppa, put your feet up and pit your wits against your friends in Horse & Hound’s emoji quiz. Will you score full marks? Let us know how you all get on!
1. Clue: Won team gold at the 1952 Olympics
2. Clue: eventing stallion
3. Clue: dual Grand National winner
4. Clue: Carl Hester’s Olympic mount
5. Clue: Ben Maher’s super grand prix victor
6. Clue: 2010 Rolex Kentucky winner
7. Clue: double Olympic gold medallist
8. Clue: event horse who represented Australia at the 2012 Olympics
9. Clue: triple Grand National winner
10. Clue: won back-to-back European championships
11. Clue: Ginny Elliott’s 1987 European champion
Article continues below…
You might also be interested in:
Can you remember all you need to know to pass your Pony Club C+ test? Put yourself to the test
12. Clue: US champion racehorse
13. Clue: Robert Whitaker’s grand prix horse
14. Clue: winner of the 2017 London leg of the Global Champions Tour with Scott Brash
How do you think you scored? It’s time to check your answers below:
2. Chilli Morning
3. Tiger Roll
4. Nip Tuck
5. Explosion W
6. Cool Mountain
7. Big Star
8. Happy Times
9. Red Rum
10. Supreme Rock
11. Night Cap
14. Hello Forever
Would you like to read Horse & Hound’s independent journalism without any adverts? Join Horse & Hound Plus today and you can read all articles on HorseandHound.co.uk completely ad-free.