Young eventer Laura Collett tells H&H about her attention-loving four-star ride.
Stable name: Henry
Breed: Dutch warmblood
Owner: Jason Houghton
Groom: Felicity Roberts
Best ever result: third at Aachen CIC*** 2012 and eighth at Badminton CCI**** 2011
Five things you didn’t know…
1. Laura is banned from tacking him up as it takes her half an hour to put the bridle on. “Rayef likes to rest his head on my shoulder and go to sleep,” she says.
2. He loves Polos. He got through 10 packets at Aachen CIC***.
3. He only likes the field right next to the yard. In other fields, he will walk, canter and gallop up and down, finally lying down and putting his legs under the gate to make his point.
4. He likes swimming, up to twice a week when he’s getting fit.
5. He isn’t allowed to hack out on the road because he kicks cars as they go past.
To read the full interview with Laura Collett about Rayef see 6 September 2012 issue of H&H
Read all the latest eventing news