In this week’s Horse & Hound magazine, out on Thursday 17 August 2017, don’t miss our 13-page preview on the forthcoming European Championships — we take a look at the ones to keep an eye on in the eventing, dressage, showjumping and para-dressage plus how to watch it and we outline the prospects for the Brits. We also speak to riders who have taken the DIY plunge and designed their own yards, plus Lucinda Green reveals her inspiration. Read all the showing and showjumping action from the Dublin Horse Show and in this week’s ‘Vet clinic’ we investigate whether horses can come back from “slipped hock” injuries, plus much more.
- Find your nearest magazine stockist
- Download digital magazine on iPad
- Download digital magazine on other devices
- Subscribe to the paper magazine: Save 36% plus £5 M&S gift card
What’s in Horse & Hound magazine: 17 August 2017
- ‘I can’t believe it’: Jonty and Art stay together
- No British showjumping team at the Europeans
- Welfare concerns as stewards loosen curb chains
- The many possible causes of a failed dope test
- Dressage Life: Grand prix mares in foal, British pony team trainer resigns and more
2017 Europeans preview
- Eventing: Will Germany and France be the Brits’ biggest threat?
- Para dressage: Can our new-look team continue the gold run?
- Dressage: Brits should not be ruled out, but one team’s fire-power makes them the favourites
- Showjumping: Just two individual British riders head to Gothenburg, so which team will conquer the championships?
- How to watch: Keep up to date with all the action from both Gothenburg and Strzegom
- Horse & Hound Awards: Nominate your favourite equine and human heroes ahead of this year’s star-studded ceremony
- Equestrian artists: Top tips for commissioning a painting of your horse and the pitfalls to avoid
- Yard design: We speak to riders who have taken the DIY plunge and built their own stables
- Best of my fun: Irish showjumper Daniel Coyle
- Property: The coastal dream
- Vet clinic: Can horses with “slipped hock” injuries recover fully and return to competition?
- Horse hero: This year’s RIHS hack champion Elusive
- Masterclass: Dressage rider Gill Davison
- H&H interview: Grade I para rider and Euros-bound Julie Payne
- My inspiration: Lucinda Green
- Letters, plus magazine editor’s comment
- Eventing: Mark Todd
- Dressage: Pammy Hutton
- Showjumping: Tim Stockdale
- Showing: Stuart Hollings
- Eventing: Hartpury, Aston-le-Walls, Dalkeith, Haras National du Pin and highlights
- Dressage: Bury Farm regionals plus highlights
- Sport horse breeding: World Breeding Championships for young dressage horses
- Showjumping: National Championships, Dublin, Pyecombe and more
- Showing: Dublin, BSPS Welsh Championship, National Side-saddle Championship and more
- Hunting: West of England Hound Show
- Riding club: National Horse Trials Championships
- Horses for sale