In this week’s Horse & Hound magazine, out on Thursday 16 July, we look at whether taking on a star horse is too much pressure. We also take a look behind the scenes of the yard of promising event rider, Ben Way and we review the swankiest equestrian venues on the competition circuit . You can also enjoy all the news and reports, including eventing from Barbury, dressage from Hartpury CDI and much more.
What’s in Horse & Hound magazine: 16 July 2015
- Government proposes changes to the Hunting Act
- Horse meat scandal — what has changed?
- In focus: taking on a star — is the pressure too much?
- H&H interview: Eventing Olympic gold medallist Leslie Law on life in America and why he’d never move back to Britain
- Horse hero: Holly Gillott’s showjumper Dougie Douglas
- Ultra-glam venues: The swankiest settings on the circuit
- Access all areas: We visit eventer Ben Way at his Warwickshire yard
- Transport special: H&H goes on an American road-trip with horses
- Eventing: Barbury, Mark Todd comment and more
- Dressage: Hartpury CDI, Hagen CDI, highlights and Anna Ross comment
- Sport horse breeding: News — Verden entries and bloodlines
- Showjumping: Keysoe GCT Estoril, Graham Fletcher comment and more
- Showing: Royal Norfolk, BSPS Area 13a, Simon Reynolds comment and more
- Hunting: Blaston Hound Show
- The best of my fun, I owe it to…: Max Charlton
- Property: equestrian homes within commuting distance of London
- Vet: Ovarian cysts in competition mares
- Move it like: Carl Hester
- The horse that made me: Allister Hood
- Horses for sale
Get your magazine today