The eventing squad that will represent the US at the World Equestrian Games (WEG) this summer has been announced.
The full squad has been named as:
- Buck Davidson, riding Ballynoe Castle RM (owned by Carl and Cassandra Segal)
- Phillip Dutton riding Trading Aces (owned by Trading Aces LLC)
- Sinead Halpin riding Manoir de Carneville (owned by the Manoir De Carneville Syndicate)
- Boyd Martin riding Shamwari 4 (owned by the Shamwari 4 Syndicate LLC)
- Kim Severson riding her own Fernhill Fearless
- Lynn Symansky riding her own Donner
The reserves are:
- Hannah Sue Burnett and Harbour Pilot (owned by Jacqueline Mars and Hannah)
- Jan Byyny and Inmidair (owned by Jan and her parents Dick and Jo)
- Buck Davidson on alternative ride Park Trader (owned Carl and Cassandra Segal)
- Phillip Dutton on alternative ride Mighty Nice (owned by and Bruce Duchossoi)
- Lauren Kieffer and Veronica (owned by Team Rebecca, LLC)
- Marilyn Little and RF Demeter (owned by Raylyn Farm and Team Demeter)
- Boyd Martin on alternative ride Trading Aces (owned by Trading Aces LLC)
- Meghan O’Donoghue and her own Pirate
Phillip Dutton has been given the nod on Boyd Martin’s ride Trading Aces. Phillip took on the ride when Boyd broke his leg earlier this year and the combination went on to finish 8th at Kentucky. It was announced earlier this week that the syndicate of owners had agreed to make the horse available for selection with Phillip.
Boyd has instead been selected to ride Shamwari 4 who finished 4th at Luhmühlen last weekend, but Trading Aces also remains as reserve horse for him. Phillip is also on the reserve list with Mighty Nice who finished 7th at Luhmühlen. This leaves the possibility that if Shamwari 4 went lame, Boyd could ride Trading Aces at WEG and Phillip could move onto Mighty Nice.