Eventing fans can look forward to watching all three phases of the Event Rider Masters from Chatsworth Horse Trials here on HorseandHound.co.uk
Horse & Hound is delighted to partner with Event Rider Masters (ERM) to bring you all the action from each leg of the exciting CIC3* series via live streaming, starting with the first leg at Chatsworth Horse Trials (13-14 May). Broadcast details including times will be available nearer to the event.
The dressage, which is seeded and set to the rider’s choice of music, will be held on Saturday 13 May. The showjumping and cross-country phases will take place on Sunday 14 May. The showjumping takes place in reverse order of merit, followed by the cross-country, with the top 20 competitors riding in reverse order.
After riding their cross-country rounds, the highest placed riders take to a podium, which changes as the competition unfold. A F1-style prize giving then takes place at the finish immediately after the cross-country.
About Event Rider Masters 2017 series
The ERM series has expanded in 2017, with two legs taking place in Europe at Wiesbadener, Germany and Haras de Jardy, France. The total prize fund for the 2017 series is £400,000.
The series runs under a subtly adjusted CIC3* format running across two-days to make it more appealing to a TV audience.
Each class will admit 40 starters, based on world rankings, plus up to two wild cards for past Olympic gold medallists, four-star winners and riders from emerging nations.
Each ERM leg is worth £50,000, with an additional £50,000 series bonus to the overall winner.
2017 Event Rider Masters series calendar
- Leg 1: Dodson & Horrell Chatsworth International Horse Trials (UK) 13-14 May
- Leg 2: Internationales Wiesbadener PfingstTurnier (Germany) 2-3 June
- Leg 3: St James’s Place Barbury International Horse Trials (UK) 8-9 July
- Leg 4: Haras de Jardy (France) 15-16 July
- Leg 5: Festival of British Eventing, Gatcombe Park (UK) 5-6 August
- Leg 6: Blair Castle Equi-Trek International Horse Trials (UK) 26-27 August
- Leg 7: Blenheim Palace International Horse Trials (UK) 15-16 September
Last year’s series was won by Oliver Townend, who took home the £30,000 series first prize. He won two legs of the series at Blair and Gatcombe before finishing second at the final leg at Blenheim. Oliver’s total earnings in the 2016 ERM series were £74,000.