This week’s issue of H&H, on sale Thursday, 25 February, contains our largest ever show guide. The 104-page supplement is your must-have tool for planning your 2016 competitive season.
The guide contains 79 pages of listings, with more than 8,000 fixtures included with their date, venue and contact details. Many of these can entered on Horse & Hound’s event entry website Equo.
Affiliated and unaffiliated events are featured in dressage, eventing, showjumping and showing, as well as endurance, driving, trec, hunter trials, training clinics, Pony Club and Riding Club fixtures and more.
The features in this year’s guide include:
- Straightness clinic — essential exercises to make sure you and your horse are perfectly aligned
- Life on the road — tips from top riders on surviving the nomadic existence
- Training gadgets — how technology can help you get the edge
- Motivation — ways to keep up your enthusiasm despite dark mornings, lashing rain or a setback
- New partnerships — the hot pairs to watch this season
- Unsung heroes — the backstage stars who keep shows on the road
- Equo — how you can save time and money while making or receiving event entries this year, utilising Horse & Hound’s event entry website
“Our show guide is always one of the most popular issues of the year and I remember keeping it on the side all year long when I was a teenager and frequently using it to work out where to compete,” says magazine editor Pippa Roome.
“Our offering this year is the biggest ever, with all the dates you need whatever your level and discipline — or even if you just want a handy reference guide as a spectator. The features offer a brilliant mix of advice and insight to make your show season this year the most successful and enjoyable ever.”
Highlights of the main magazine this week include:
- Interview with 1996 Olympic eventing individual gold medallist Blyth Tait on his Rio hopes
- Advice for minimising damage and deaths in the case of a yard fire
- Analysis of what makes Cassionato — Michael Whitaker’s ride who helped Britain secure Rio qualification — such a great showjumper
- 30 pages of reports including showjumping, the JAS indoor eventing finals, hunting and dressage, plus comments from Pammy Hutton and William Funnell
Don’t miss the H&H show guide, out Thursday, 25 February.