If going around Badminton or tackling the Hickstead Derby aren’t next on your agenda, there is another way to make your mark in H&H — the H&H reader issue.
This is your chance to tell us your stories from 2015, with the best ones being printed in the 17 December issue of the magazine, and and free digital subscriptions to H&H up for grabs for our favourite entries.
Have you achieved a personal first this year? Beaten illness, injury or other adverse circumstances? Brought on a new horse? Achieved something you never dreamt you could this time last year? Whatever it might be, we want to hear about it.
Full details of all the categories and how to submit your story are below. We are also seeking your fantastic photos.
And as last year, we will be asking you to choose our cover star. Click here to vote for your horse of the year — who will be on the cover of the issue — as well as your rider of 2015 and more. Voting closes at midnight on Sunday 1 November, 2015.
Personal firsts: have you achieved something for the first time in 2015? Breeding a foal, competing affiliated, winning a class, becoming a judge? Or did your Riding Club, Pony Club branch or other group hold its first charity event?
Beating the odds: have you as a rider, or your horse, returned from illness or injury in 2015? How did you do it? What did you learn from the experience?
Your best picture of the year: it could be funny, beautiful, a “through the ears” shot or just tell a wonderful story. Make sure you tell us why it’s special.
How to enter
- Entries must be submitted to Madeleine Pitt at email@example.com
- Deadline: midnight, Sunday 1 November
- Please include a contact telephone number
- Submissions should not exceed 500 words and may be edited for clarity and space
- If your words are on a word document instead of in the body of the email, please include your name and email address on the word document
- Attach photos to the email — do not embed them in a word document or the email body
- Include details of who took photos