Reaseheath College is one of the leading specialist land-based Colleges in the UK. Based in Cheshire the college has an enviable setting amongst 330 hectares of farms, parklands, lake, woodland and sports facilities, you can’t help feeling at home at Reaseheath.
If you love horses and want a rewarding career in the equestrian industry, Reaseheath College in Cheshire is definitely the place for you!
You’ll be based at our fabulous equestrian centre, which has all the facilities you’d expect at a professional training centre. It’s a fun place to be too, with loads of social activities and fund raising events.
We’ve courses for everyone, from degrees to diplomas, apprenticeships to introductory programmes, and an equestrian centre with 60 horses plus Flicka, our mechanical horse. You don’t even have to ride to become an equine student – you could choose to study business, horse management or equine behaviour.
You’ll be on the right path to gaining a great job once you’ve completed your qualification, thanks to our close links with employers. Their input into our degrees and diplomas ensures that you gain the relevant, technical skills and knowledge you’ll need to stand out in the jobs market.
Our graduates raise the bar when it comes to finding employment
Nearly 90% are in related careers within six months thanks to:
- World class specialist facilities and staff
- Range of focused degrees
- Relevant industry experience
- Hands-on technology skills
- Opportunities for scientific research
- Study tours and bursaries
And because they’re good!
Our degree courses are carefully aligned to the needs of the industry and offer a wide range of career choices. You can specialise in equine science, sports performance, equine behaviour, equine physical therapies or business management and you’ll also gain unique insights and very relevant experiences through work placements, visits to studs and rehabilitation centres and by carrying out research and laboratory work.
Our diploma students feel fully prepared for work or higher level study
An impressive 98% progress into employment or onto degree courses, thanks to:
- Riding in our fabulous indoor arena and two outdoor arenas, all with synthetic surfaces
- Working and learning in our modern stabling and teaching areas
- Gaining natural horsemanship skills in our purpose built round pen
- Handling our range of horses, carefully chosen to suit all standards of riders
- Being supported by our experienced tutors and lecturers
- Completing work experience with leading riders such as William Fox-Pitt, Ben Hobday and Robert Walker
All our equine students are encouraged to:
- Enjoy study tours and trips out
- Prepare for extra qualifications such as BHS exams and college certificates
- Join our riding club with its competitions and clinics
- Attend joint learning events with Cheshire Racing Hub
- Help to organise masterclasses and national shows or join our arena teams at leading events such as the Horse of the Year Show and Bolesworth International
- Pick up top tips from international stars who give masterclasses at our equestrian centre, such as behaviourists Monty Roberts and Kelly Marks, dressage trainers Ferdi, Michael and Maria Eilberg and Stephen Clarke, show jumpers Ben Maher, William Whitaker and Joe Clayton and eventers Oliver Townend, Paul Tapner, Alex Hua Tian and Michael Owen
- And some bring their own horses with them to college on working livery, if suitable
Our students say: “Reaseheath is so much fun!” Find out more by visiting www.reaseheath.ac.uk/horseandhound or phone our course hotline 01270 613242
- Reaseheath partnered Horse & Hound, Britain’s most respected equine information source, in an on-line careers webchat. Catch up with it at horseandhound.co.uk/live-careers-chat
Preparing for the eventing season
Lecture demonstrations by Badminton and Burghley winners Oliver Townend (Friday 29 January, 7pm) and Lucinda Fredericks (Friday 12 February, 7pm)
Only a few tickets remaining
Contact Reaseheath’s Equine Events Co-ordinator Heather Cooper
Book now: http://bit.ly/RHC_Equestrian_Centre
For latest our events see www.reaseheath.ac.uk/reaseheath-equestrian-centre