Dressage lovers are being urged to vote for the world’s greatest dressage horses by next Wednesday (1 July).
The final six selected will be celebrated at the Global Dressage Forum in Hooge Mierde in the Netherlands on 26-27 October.
The programme committee of the Forum and the dressage community have selected ten horses for the voting.
Only those who had won an individual gold medal at the Olympics, World Championships or have won the World Cup Final were eligible for selection.
The horses to vote for are:
· Rembrandt ridden by Nicole Uphoff
· Matador ridden by Kyra Kyrklund
· Valegro ridden by Charlotte Dujardin
· Corlandus ridden by Margit Otto-Crepin
· Totilas ridden by Edward Gal
· Salinero ridden by Andy van Grunsven
· Ahlerich ridden by Reiner Klimke
· Granat ridden by Christine Stuckelberger
· Gigolo ridden by Isabell Werth
· Bonfire ridden by Anky van Grunsven
Voters can nominate their top three “greatest dressage horses ever” by visiting: www.globaldressageforum.com
All those who vote will have the chance to win a ticket for the Global Dressage Forum 2015.
“We will honour and look back at the great achievements of six of these horses. We will invite the rider, owner, breeder and/or groom and learn all about their personal story and the real character of these elite stars,” said a spokesman for the forum.
The factors that made the selected horses so special and better than their opponents will be analysed.
The speakers confirmed so far for the 15th Global Dressage Forum include international rider and trainer Wolfram Wittig, former rider and national coach of the US jumping team George Morris, international trainer and long reins specialist Paul Fielder, German rider Uta Graf and feeding and hydration specialist vet Chloe Bristow.