Chestnut Horse Feeds will sponsor Geoff Billington and Oliver Townend’s The Edge of Glory Tour.Running at venues across the country from 1-9 December, The Edge of Glory Tour combines educational demonstration with humour, providing the audience with a unique opportunity to get to know the riders.
Chestnut Horse Feeds will be on hand at each event to answer feeding questions and provide one-to-one advice, as well as offering visitors the chance to enter exclusive competitions.
- PR, marketing, communications and media organisation The Owl Consortium is to sponsor the TMC Spanish Dressage Horses team.The registered Spanish stud, based in the North West, has been breeding competition horses since 2005.
- Horse feed specialist Dodson & Horrell will continue its support of the British Dressage (BD) novice championship for a 13th year.The novice championship is open to around two thirds of the total BD membership — some 7000 horse and rider combinations, all hoping to win a place at the National Dressage Championships at Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire in September 2013.
BD’s chief executive Amanda Bond said: “I’m thrilled Dodson & Horrell are continuing with this vital sponsorship which affects so many of our members.
“Their status as official supplier of nutrition to Equestrian Team GBR underlines their support at the elite end of the sport but equally the longevity of this novice relationship demonstrates dedication to all.”
Horseware Ireland will sponsor the fashion show at BETA International 2013 (17-19 February).The brand, which produces equine rugs and technical rider clothing, has exhibited at the trade fair for more than 20 years.
“The sponsorship will provide us with greater exposure at the trade fair and a stage on which to showcase our clothing ranges,” said Horseware Ireland UK business manager Laura Cackett.
The fashion show is one of BETA International’s most popular features, attracting a large audience of industry buyers who come along to check out the latest autumn/winter collections.
Horseware Ireland joins fellow sponsors Caldene, Equestrian Life Magazine, Redpin Publishing, SsangYong, Toggi, TopSpec and Virbac Animal Health, which returns as main sponsor of the 2013 show.
Verm-X is to sponsor 17-year-old point-to-point jockey Frankie Hickman.Sussex-based Frankie rides out for her mother Alison Hickman, who trains the horses at their family run yard near Rye.
Both of Frankie’s parents, her grandfather and her uncles have all competed in point-to-point’s over the years.
Frankie had her first experience of race riding in 2011 and her first win was the Ladies Open race at Tweseldown in December that year.
She quickly made an impact in the sport and went on to win the South East Area Ladies Championship and the Novice Championship in 2012.
Verm-X produces natural worming products.
- Betsi — Bet Solutions is to sponsor the racing award at the Animal Health Trust’s (AHT) 2012 Equestrian Awards (1 November).John Wright, MD of Betsi Ltd said “I am a great admirer of the AHT’s work fighting disease and injury in animals and believe Betsi and the AHT share the same desire to keep pushing racing forward.”
- Event and dressage rider Ruth Edge recently left Cumbria to establish her own yard near Uttoxeter, Staffs and is now sponsored by Bliss Bedding.Ruth, who has 11 horses at her new yard, said: “It’s so important to have a clean and healthy stable environment in order to keep the horses in tip top condition.
“Bliss Bedding delivers this and enables them to perform at their best.”
Graham Stubbs of Bliss said, “We have a market leading straw bedding product and only wish to associate ourselves with the best riders.
“Like our other sponsored rider Lee Pearson, Ruth is at the top of her field and we are very proud indeed to be associated with her success.”
- Fashion designer Reem Acra, has signed up to extend her title sponsorship of the FEI World Cup Dressage Western European League and Final for a further three-year cycle until 2016.The New York-based designer, who has dressed some of Hollywood’s top stars in her classic couture, including Madonna, Angelina Jolie, Taylor Swift and Eva Longoria, became title sponsor of the FEI World Cup Dressage Western European League and of the FEI World Cup Final at the start of the 2010/2011 World Cup season.
“The FEI is thrilled that Reem Acra will continue to support one of our flagship series,” FEI president Princess Haya said.
“This partnership has taken the beauty of our sport to new audiences and we are looking forward to maintaining this strong connection.”