Ten riders have made the cut for the Irish eventing squad ahead of Rio 2016.
Four have been listed with two horses — Austin O’Connor, Joseph Murphy, Aoife Clark and Michael Ryan.
Four members of the London 2012 team, Aoife Clark, Joseph Murphy, Michael Ryan and Mark Kyle, are among the lineup.
Camilla Speirs has not been named on the squad despite competing at London 2012 for Ireland.
Nineteen-year-old Cathal Daniels is the youngest rider of the group who helped the team secure their first Nations Cup win at Boekelo.
The combinations on the current squad are as follows:
- Austin O’Connor with Kilpatrick Knight and Balham Houdini
- Joseph Murphy with Westwinds Hercules and Sportsfield Othello (pictured top)
- Aoife Clark with Fernhill Adventure and Wasting Light
- Clare Abbott with Euro Prince
- Sam Watson with Horseware Lukeswell
- Jonty Evans with Cooley Rorkes Drift
- Mark Kyle with Jemilla
- Cathal Daniels with Rioghan Rua
- Padraig McCarthy with Simon Porloe
- Michael Ryan with Ballylynch Adventure and Dun Lough Striker
Out of the 14 selected horses, 12 are Irish Sport Horses.
- FEI president tells H&H he is confident new venue will be ready ahead of Rio 2016
- Japan invests in elite dressage horses ahead of Rio Olympics
- ‘I tried everything possible’: no Rio Olympics place for Ireland’s showjumpers
At the last Olympics, the Irish team finished fifth behind Sweden.
Aoife Clark was the highest placed Irish rider with Master Crusoe, finishing seventh behind Britain’s Tina Cook.
Joseph Murphy and Electric Cruise were 14th and Mark Kyle was 21st riding Coolio.
Michael Ryan (Ballylynch Adventure) and Camilla Speirs (Portersize Just A Jiff)were eliminated in the cross-country.