Burger van explodes at NPS show, injuring eight people

  • Eight people were injured yesterday (Monday 27 August) following an explosion in a burger van at the National Pony Society Summer Show in Yorkshire.

    The show was taking place at the Great Yorkshire Showground in Harrogate when two 19kg propane gas canisters exploded in the van.

    Four people were treated at the showground and another four were taken to hospital in Harrogate. It is thought they were treated for minor burns.

    Fire Crews from Harrogate put out the blaze and left at 1.10pm.
    They are returning today (Tuesday 28 August) to investigate further.

    A spokesman for the National Pony Society told H&H they had no more details and were awaiting further information.

    You may like...