- Showjumpers Guy Williams and Laura Renwick are to be sponsored by EquiFit, maker of high performance equine products, distributed in the UK by Performance Rider.”We’re thrilled to welcome Guy and Laura to the EquiFit Team, and to expand our network of riders in the UK,” said EquiFit founder and president Alexandra Cherubini.”Both are dynamic forces in the world of show jumping, and we look forward to working with them and their teams.”
You can keep up to date with Guy and Laura by “liking” Performance Rider on Facebook, www.facebook.com/PerformanceRider
Weston Park International Horse Trials’ new Festival of Youth will be supported by title sponsors, the insurance company KBIS British Equestrian Insurance.KBIS adds the Festival of Youth to its extensive support for British Eventing (BE), which includes sponsorship of the British young rider team, young rider programme, the open novice under-18 qualifying series and championships and the national under-21 championships.BE chief executive Mike Etherington-Smith said: “KBIS has been generous supporters of British eventing for a long time so we are extremely pleased to be able to offer Guy Prest and his team the opportunity to be associated with this showcase event for up and coming stars of the future.”
Weston Park International Horse Trials takes place from 4-7 October.
- Non Tip Feeder has announced its support for the Hunt Staff Benefit Society (HSBS) by donating £2 from every online sale to the fund.”We know and understand how hard these people work for the upkeep, well-being and long-term security of our countryside so have decided to give something back to them to honour their relentless, tireless and back breaking work,” said Carina Evans, director of Non Tip Feeder Ltd.
- The Pure Feed Company has taken over sponsorship of UKRiders – a national unaffiliated dressage and showjumping series.The Pure Feed Company is also offering a 25% discount on all their feeds to the participating UKRiders centres (10 bags limit).
- The Racing Post is to sponsor the Grade One Arkle Chase, the most important two-mile novice chase of the season and one of the most eagerly-awaited races at this year’s Cheltenham Festival.Racing Post previously sponsored The Festival’s handicap chase over two miles and five furlongs (now known as the Byrne Group Plate) from when it was founded in 2006 through to 2008.Bruce Millington, editor of the Racing Post, said: “Racing Post is thrilled to be returning to the Cheltenham Festival as a sponsor this year. We have been looking for the right opportunity and to be associated with as prestigious a race as the Arkle Chase seems very fitting.”
- Land Rover and the United States Equestrian Federation have awarded a total of $33,500 ( £21,349) in spring training grants for 2012 to Land Rover US eventing team high performance-listed riders.Sixteen combinations based across the US and Europe received grants to offset training costs in the run-up to the London Olympic Games.
Mirrors for Training has donated a set of its mirrors to Beaver Hall Equestrian Centre in Staffordshire.The mirrors are made using 6mm Pilkington opti-mirror, to produce a high quality, crisp, accurate image.Each mirror is safety backed and manufactured to British Standards. It also has an impact absorbing cushioner, framed in galvanised steel and, should the mirror get broken, it won’t shatter.
“A large number of riders visit us and everyone has been positive about the mirrors,” said David Kinsella of Beaver Hall. “One of our instructors, who has two horses, has found them invaluable for training, and we’ve found them great for clinics and when warming up at competitions.”
For more information, see www.mirrorsfortraining.co.uk, email email@example.com or call 01902 791207.
- Horseware Ireland was the sponsor of the third week of the 2012 FTI Consulting Winter Equestrian Festival (25-29 January) in Florida.Highlights included the $25,000 Suncast 1.50m Championship Jumper Series Classic and $55,000 Nespresso Battle of the Sexes on Saturday, 28 January and the $50,000 Horseware Ireland CSI 2* Grand Prix on Sunday, 29 January.Horseware Ireland is also the horse blanket sponsor of the show and has provided three different coolers for the winners, including wool dress coolers, cotton coolers and Irish knit coolers.
And the firm will sponsor the adult amateur hunter 3’3″ division and 2nd Annual Strut! Fashion Show for JustWorld International, on the evening of 3 March.