The message is clear: studying for an equine science degree hugely improves your career prospects.
Last year, an impressive one in five Reaseheath equine graduates achieved a degree with First Class Honours or Distinction and a high proportion were in a related career within six months. So why not join us?
We give you ten good reasons:
• All Reaseheath’s equine degrees are focussed on employability. Graduates leave with a skills portfolio which demonstrates they have both practical competencies and the paper based qualifications to succeed in the industry.
• We place high importance on practical skills as well as academic excellence. All courses include the opportunity to work practically with horses, from stable management through to gait analysis using the latest mechanical software.
• Undergraduates complete a work placement as part of their course. Many employers are so impressed with our students’ skills that they offer them paid employment once they have gained their qualification.
• We work with a wide range of partners, allowing our students to gain experiences and contacts within the industry. For instance we provide work experience opportunities at prestigious events such as Bolesworth CSI****International (where this year our undergraduates were lucky enough to be involved with GB’s top dressage riders and showjumpers) and we organise behind- the- scenes trips to premier events such as Badminton Horse Trials and the British Equestrian Trade Association’s annual exhibition.
• What really sets us apart are our links to industry including The International Committee on Equine Exercise Physiology, the Advancing Equine Scientific Excellence Group and key industry stakeholders such as the Cheshire Racing Hub. These links have opened the door to collaborative research projects, conference attendance bursaries and a range of research opportunities. (Catch up with two of our undergraduates who are currently on a BEF MAREC internship in Virginia, USA, at http://bit.ly/RHC_MAREC
• Our degrees are wide ranging and flexible, with lots of opportunities for independent learning and research. Our lecturers are experts in their chosen field and have extensive industry experience, and our small class sizes means that you’ll benefit from high levels of individual support.
• We’re noticing an increase in the number of mature students who have chosen to ‘pursue their dream’ and retrain for a career in the equine industry. We offer a range of support to this student group to facilitate a stress free return to studying.
• Our course team is always ready to help with any specific challenges. We have a fantastic learning centre which supports undergraduates individually or by using a combined peer approach. Students can also have one-to-one sessions with a specialist tutor.
• We prefer you to have some science based qualifications for our Level 3 Diplomas and particularly for our BSc routes. However, this may include ‘A’ levels such as psychology or physical education or other science related studies.
• Our equestrian centre has all the facilities normally associated with a professional centre including a round pen, solarium and equissage and magnotherapy equipment.
For the full range of our degrees and diplomas, plus details about life as a Reaseheath undergraduate, visit www.reaseheath.ac.uk/horseandhound