Q&A: Complaining about insurance

  • Expert advice from HORSE magazine on how to make a complaint about an insurance company

    Q: I have a complaint about my insurance company and a friend advised I talk to the Insurance Ombudsman. Can you tell me a bit more about the ombudsman service and do you have the relevant contact details?

    Simon Mackaness of SEIB replies: The insurance ombudsman service was set up, by law, to help settle individual disputes between consumers and financial firms. It considers most personal finance disputes (insurance, pensions, investments, etc) and the service is free to consumers. But you must complain to the insurance company first, before the ombudsman gets involved.

    For more information, contact The Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR. Tel: (0845) 080 1800 or enquiries@financial-ombudsman.org.uk

  • Simon Mackaness is a director of equestrian insurance brokers, SEIB.

    Read more insurance advice:

  • You may like...