British breeders will be able to bid for some of the world’s best competition stallions in a silent auction organised by the British Horse Foundation (BHF) and Supporters of British Breeding (SBB).
The stallions’ owners have donated one nomination from each and all the proceeds raised from this event will go towards helping to promote British Breeding of the listed stallions.
The auction has been organised by Desi Dillingham, director of the BHF and chairman of the SBB and British Dressage.
“British breeding is finally starting to go somewhere,” says Desi. “Breeders are recognising what we are trying to achieve and have been very supportive, which is reflected in the quality of the five stallions we are offering.
“The auction is open to anyone and the sole aim of this is to raise funds to support British breeding.”
The five stallions offered are:
- Coolcorran Cool – An Irish Nations Cup performer
- Edinburg – The former Olympic ride of Kyra Kyrklund
- Jazz – Grand prix dressage horse by Olympic Cocktail
- High Scope – A four-star eventing stallion by Touchdown
- Marius Claudius – Ridden by Robert Smith this Dutch-bred stallion by Concorde, has won a World Cup qualifier and been part of a Nations Cup winning team
Bids, which close at the end of January, are invited via email to Desi Dillingham at email@example.com and the highest bidder for each stallion will secure the nomination. Bidders will remain anonymous and successful applicants will be contacted directly.