Eleven of Britian’s most talented young event riders have been long-listed for places in the six-strong Hartpury College Young Rider Squad, which will compete at the Young Rider European Championships, in Bialy Bor, Poland (25-28 September).
Current British under-25 champion, Kitty Boggis heads the line up with Jane and David Tolley’s Five Boys. This talented combination helped last year’s Young Rider team take gold at the 2002 Europeans.
Joining her are 2002 teammates Matthew Wright, who has two horses listed, Cermont (3rd Compiegne) and Park Pilot (4th Bramham U25’s) and Georgie Davies also with two, Fachoudette (5th Bramham U25) and Welton Select (18th Burgie).
The final squad will be named after the final selection weekend at Henbury Hall (24 – 25 August).
- Kitty Boggis (Five Boys)
- Hannah Brown (Miss Control)
- Tim Cheffings (De Beer’s Duchess)
- Georgie Davies (Fachoudette/Welton Select)
- Brett Kenyon (Henbury Hallmark/Tambourine Man III)
- Jade Lazenby (Captain Scarlet)
- Charlotte Littlefield (Jacko’s Delight)
- Oliver Smith (Bullawayo)
- Rachael Thompson (Uptons Deli Circus)
- Abi Walters (Uther Pendragon II)
- Matthew Wright (Park Pilot/Cermont)
Senior reserves named
BE hasalso announced the senior reserves for the forthcoming European Eventing Championships in Punchestown (18-21 September).
The combinations are:
- Jeanette Brakewell (Plantagenet of Rushall)
- Kristina Cook (Archrival II)
- William Fox-Pitt (Ballincoola/Coastal Ties/Wallow)
- Pippa Funnell (Walk on Star)
- Polly Jackson (Limestone Rise)
- Mary King (King Solomon III)
- Caroline Pratt (Kinsey Control)
For more eventing news visit: www.britisheventing.co.uk