Find out more about the successful sire Mill Law and see photos of him at owner Nicola Baguley’s yard
1. Mill Law is 23-years-old.
2. He was an advanced event horse by the May of his seventh year and earned 152 British Eventing points.
3. He also earned 145 British Dressage points.
4. He is graded with Sport Horse Breeding of Great Britain.
5. Among his competition highlights, Mill Law was second in an advanced section at Bishop Burton in 2000.
6. Mill Law is by the Irish thoroughbred Samiel, who was standing at Scotland’s Summerhill Stud when he sired him.
7. Mill Law was an 18th birthday present from Sue Browne to her daughter, Nicola (now Baguley) and Nicola was the only person who ever competed him.
8. Sue (née Neill) was a pretty handy rider herself — she finished second (1968), fourth (1969) and eighth (1970) at Burghley riding Peri.
9. Mill Law sired the 2005 Necarne CCI2* winner Run Of The Mill, owned by the Bouchers and ridden by Rodney Powell, who was put down in 2007 after a colic attack.
10. Mill Law’s most successful progeny by British Eventing (BE) points is Coopers Law, ridden by Emilile Chandler and owned and bred by Nicola Dickson and her niece, Sally Williams. He has finished in the top six at three-star five times and represented Britain on several Nations Cup teams.
11. In 2014, Mill Law was the leading sire of four- to eight-year-olds by combined BE and foundation points.
12. He also led the rankings for the same age group by foundation points and was second in the four- to eight-year-old listings by BE points (to Ramiro B).
13. Mill Law was seventh in the sire rankings for 2014 by BE and foundation points won by progeny of all ages and second in the listings for progeny of all ages by foundation points only.
14. Mill Law has never sired a chestnut foal.
Read our full interview with Sue Browne and Nicola Baguley in H&H out today (9 April)