The British squad for the team CIC*** at Aachen, Germany (16-17 July) is:
- Ruth Edge on Hugh Lawson’s Carnaval Prince II
- Emily Baldwin on Lady Pauline Harris’s Drivetime
- Pippa Funnell on Carol Toliver’s Mirage D’Elle (pictured)
- Lucy Wiegersma on Christopher and Sarita Perkins’s Simon Porloe
- Sarah Bullimore on Christopher Gillespie’s Salerno
Four of these riders will be in the team and one will compete as an individual.
Aachen has run its team CIC*** since eventing was introduced to the venue for the World Equestrian Games in 2006.
The British squad normally consists of some younger horses and riders gaining experience and has finished a creditable second (2007 and 2009) or third (2008) every time in the team competition to Germany, which normally fields its top championship team.
This will be the first time competing at Aachen for Ruth, Pippa and Sarah, but Emily and Drivetime were 18th there in 2007 and 14th in 2008, while Lucy was 26th on Woodfalls Inigo Jones in 2009.