Latest Andrew Gould news and reports
Andrew Gould is married to Polly with two children — Oliver and Louis — and lives in West Sussex. He started riding aged eight on a Shetland pony called Miss Ellie along with his brother and cousins, as both his mother and aunt rode.
In these early days, he was a member of Bisley Hunt Pony Club and Chobham Riding Club. At 13, he started riding Koffee Break, training him up to grand prix level. The pair were on five consecutive British European teams as under 21s and won a team bronze medal in 2000.
In 2006 Andrew had numerous wins and placings at small tour level, both nationally and internationally, riding Numero Uno and Cadre Noir, and by 2007 he was ranked fifth in the British Dressage small tour rankings.
At the 2006 winter national dressage championships Andrew took the two top titles riding Numero Uno — the prix st georges and intermediaire music championships. From 2005 to 2008, Andrew was on the World Class Potential squad.
Andrew Gould videos
10 things you never knew about Andrew Gould
1) He thinks seeing a single magpie is a bad omen
2) He collects DVDs — he has over 250
3) If he could own any horse in the world it would be Laura Bechtolsheimer’s Mistral Hojris
4) He won his first rosette at Sheild Show, Sunbury, Middlesex in a gymkhana
5) He’s fallen off in a test twice, though both times the horse fell so, technically, he didn’t fall off
6) The late Nick Williams once wrote on his test sheet, “Not my kind of music, but well suited to your character” — it was Lou Vega’s Mambo No5
7) Andrew supports Liverpool FC and plays football once a week
8) Steak is his favourite food, medium rare with chips
9) He couldn’t live without his Prestige D1 saddle
10) Spooks and Hustle are his favourite TV shows
Andrew Gould photos
Visit Andrew Gould’s website