The single moment in equestrian sport that has best captured our imaginations and which will go down in history as defining 2021.
Nominations for this award will open on 26 August 2021, so in the meantime put your thinking caps on to decide who you want to put forward for the shortlist to join the illustrious list of previous winners.
Previous winners of this award include:
- Nick and Big Star’s individual Rio Olympic victory was, by a landslide, voted the moment of the decade at last year’s special award ceremony
- 2019: Pippa Funnell’s Burghley victory — there could have been no more popular winner than Pippa, 16 years after her only previous Burghley win
- 2018: Jonelle and Tim Price, do the double by winning Badminton and Burghley in the same year
- 2017: Jonty Evans’ securing his Rio ride Cooley Rorkes Drift thanks to a successful crowdfunding campaign
- 2016: Ben Hobday riding triumphantly through the finish at the Mitsubishi Motors Badminton Horse Trials after recovering from cancer, complete with Willberry Wonder Pony on his back
About the Horse & Hound Awards 2021
We’re back! The Horse & Hound Awards return for the sixth year in a row, running again in partnership with NAF.
Last year’s successful online H&H Awards achieved record participation, with nearly 58,000 votes cast. We’re thrilled to be back in person for 2021, with a glittering ceremony planned at Cheltenham Racecourse. Some 300 people, including Olympic and Paralympic superstars, will gather to enjoy a glamorous evening of champagne and dancing as the winners are revealed.
As previously, the H&H Award winners will be nominated and voted for by you. We seek to recognise both the big names who have made 2021 special and the unsung heroes who make it possible for all of us to enjoy equestrian sport and our horses, at whatever level.
Anyone is welcome to nominate the person, group or horse they feel deserves recognition. Nominations open on 26 August 2021.
Following the close of nominations at 5pm on 30 September, the H&H judging panel will decide on a shortlist of contenders. The panel will be influenced by the number of nominations and strength of the story of the nominee’s dedication and achievement.
We will announce the shortlisted candidates on 28 October online and in the magazine, sharing their stories and inviting you to vote for your winners online, with voting closing on 4 November.
The winners will be revealed at a star-studded ceremony at Cheltenham Racecourse on 1 December, while everyone following from home can read about all the winners online, on social media and in the following week’s magazine.