Horse: Omelli, 10yo 16.2hh bay KWPN gelding by Burggraaf
Championship experience: The World Equestrian Games will be Tim’s first senior international championship. He has previously represented Britain at the junior and young rider Europeans. He won a junior European team gold and individual silver medals in 2004.
Tim has proven himself to be a very useful team member in Super League nations cup competitions this year. He produced a great double clear in La Baule, followed by two clear rounds and just one time fault in Aachen. He produced a solid double clear at the RIHS to be placed third in the Longines Classic, but a misunderstanding in the King George on the final day lead to a disappointing cricket score of faults. It will be paramount that Omelli’s confidence is restored before travelling to Aachen. The partnership will have the opportunity to demonstrate that all is well when they compete in Dublin (9-13 August).
Major results with Omelli
- 3rd Longines Classic, 1st nations cup: RIHS 2006
- 5th The Sheffield Masters, 3rd British Open: CSI****Sheffield 2006
- 4th Young Rider Europeans 2005, Schaffhausen (Switz)
- 3rd Masters: CSI****Sheffield 2005
- =4th grand prix: CSIO-W Kecskemet 2005
- 1.50m Segura Viudas Cup: CSIO Barcelona 2005
- 1st grand grix: CSI***Leeuwarden 2005
- 1st Unex Masters: The Unex Masters 2005
- Individual silver and team gold: Junior European Championships 2004
- 2nd grand prix: CIIP/J/Y Hengelo 2004
Tim’s father is a racehorse owner and his sister rides show ponies. Tim started competing in the show ring, graduating on to working hunter ponies before ultimately swapping to show jumping.