Britain’s leading equestrian weekly magazine needs an experienced news editor to lead our news desk and manage the provision of our award-winning cross-platform news content.
Horse & Hound breaks many of the biggest news stories in the equestrian world and is a ‘must read’ for riders and horse lovers for the way it reports, examines and analyses events, issues, trends and amusements within the horse world with speed, rigour and balance.
The successful candidate will be an experienced news journalist who is fearless yet tactful, fast yet thorough, and completely up to date with libel law and best news-writing practice for both print and digital media. Equestrian knowledge and a bulging contact book are indispensable. You will also be a confident ambassador and representative for the Horse & Hound brand in the broader equestrian world
This is a full-time position based in central London.
- news writing and editing experience across print and digital media
- knowledge of best practice web writing and SEO
- In-depth equestrian knowledge
- Ability to manage staff and run a busy department
- Great organisational skills
- Ability to think strategically
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Closing date: 30 April 2011