The Hound Welfare Fund is to hold a online fundraising auction tomorrow (4 June) featuring works by well-known sporting artists such as Andre Pater and Sandra Oppegard.
All proceeds will go towards helping the fund which retires foxhounds from the Iroquois hunt in Lexington, Kentucky.
With annual running costs of around $30,000 (£18,300) a year, the fund which has between 25-30 retirees at any one time and is run by volunteers is constantly in need of charitable donations.
Around 40 items will go under the hammer, including:
- A watercolour by Sandra Oppegard, dual past winner of the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders Equine Art Show award, who is from Lexington.
- A 12x9in limited bronze sculpture of Casanova Kip by Belinda Sillars the winner of The Society of Equestrian Artists Best Piece of Sculpture 2010 award.
- A charcoal and pastel piece by renowned artist Andre Pater entitled ‘Awakening.’
- An oil painting by Michael Lyne showing hounds being judged.
- A 14x18ins oil painting of a Wilton Hunt hound by Salisbury artist Hazel Morgan.
- A small bronze sculpture of a sleeping hound by Deborah Burt.More details about the auction can be found at http://houndwelfare.wordpress.comIf you wish to bid then please e-mail email@example.com to register your bid before 8pm British time on Saturday 4 June.
For more information about the Hound Welfare Fund please visit: http://www.houndwelfarefund.org/