Sport Horse Breeding (GB) to host stallion parades as part of The Horse and Country Fair at Sandown Park
Some of Britain’s top stallions will be on show at The Horse and Country Fair which takes place at Sandown Park on 13 – 14 April.
Commentator Tom Hudson will introduce the graded stallions and provide details of their breeding and performance in the twice-daily parades in the racecourse paddock.SHB (GB) will be on hand to offer advice to mare owners and introduce stallion owners.
Stallions booked to parade represent all the main competitive disciplines and include:
- Lagos, Dutch-bred by Olympic Ferro, is successful at advanced medium level dressage and will compete in small tour and advanced classes this year.
- Welton Ambassador, 7⁄8 TB by Welton Louis out of Minerva by Ben Faerie. This advanced event horse has sired numerous advanced eventers.
- No Complaints, a Hanoverian/TB by Louella Inschallah II, is an international show jumper with winnings of nearly £7,000. He has also evented and is now competing in dressage.
- More Pokey, TB by UnclePokey is an advanced event horse and sire of several successful young competition horses, including Pokey’s Mole, reserve champion national young event horse in Belgium.
- Jumbo, is a part-bred Irish Draught by Skippy. He is an advanced event horse, has competed to medium level dressage and is a successful show jumper.
- Chairman, Holstein by Cor De La Bryere, is a grade A show jumper and has been 100-day performance tested. His first crop of foals produced the graded stallion Charmer.
Other attractions taking place throughout the weekend include demonstrations by Graham Fletcher, Nick Skelton, Matt Ryan, James Fisher, Jill Thomas and David Lloyd.
Tickets on the door cost£7 for adults and £5 for children/OAPs. For advance tickets (tel: 01749 813899) or visit www.horseandcountry fair.co.uk for more information.
Read more sports horse breeding news: