The legal fight against the ban on hunting with hounds continued in the High Court with the Countryside Alliance’s challenge to the Parliament Act. The High Court ruled against the CA but the Alliance vowed not to give up.
- The BSJA unveils its new constitution
- The horse world helps victims of the tsunami
- No welfare benefits for short-format
- The Pony Club increases age limit to 25
Equine passports became law on 28 February. Those who failed to comply were warned they could face prosecution and fines of up to £5,000. It was estimated that up to half of Britain’s equine population did not have passports in time.
- Hunting with hounds is banned
- Beerbaum appeals against Olympic ruling
- Pony race series unveiled
- Kieran Fallon joins Ballydoyle
Kicking King adds victory in the 2005 Cheltenham Gold Cup to his win in the King George on Boxing Day. Best Mate was ruled out of the race after breaking blood vessels during a pre-race work out.
- MOD launches low flying hotline
- Short-format for Badminton and Burghley
- Michael Whitaker faces £150,000 legal bill
- FEI strip Cian O’Connor of Olympic gold
- View April, May and June >>
- View July, August and September >>
- View October, November and December >>