Robert Smith demonstrated why he was Britain’s number one rider when he produced an outstanding double clear to be crowned the British Open Champion in Sheffield, ahead of Nick Skelton and Billy Twomey.
- Hedgehunter wins Grand National
- Chris Kinane seriously injured in parade ring
- Pritchard makes point-to-point history
- Anky wins World Cup final, Hester in 10th
- Drivers make £150,000 loose horse claim
Pippa Funnell collected her third Badminton win in the final running of the event in its traditional format including the roads and tracks and steeplechase phases. William Fox-Pitt and Tamarillo were nipping at Primmore Pride’s heels throughout to finish a close second.
- Owner sues vet over steroid injection
- Westminster eight found guilty
- Britain pulls plug on Endurance Europeans
- Michael Whitaker keeps ride on Portofino
Motivator cruised to an spectacular victory in the Epsom Derby, leaving the very best of his peers in his wake. Eswarah emulated her Oaks-winning dam, Midway Lady, with a win in the Vodaphone Oaks.
- Olympic SJ individual gold goes to Brazil
- Hall of fame for equestrian heros
- Zara selected for European Championships
- Pippa Funnell receives an MBE