Olympia takes centre stage on BBC Grandstand in celebration of the show’s 30th birthday
The BBC is celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Olympia International Show Jumping Championships by presenting Grandstand live from the show for the first time.
Clare Balding will present Grandstand live from Olympia on Sunday 22 December, when the coverage will include the new “Double Your Money” class.
In addition to Sunday Grandstand, the BBC will televise the World Cup qualifier on Saturday, 21 December and will also broadcast the traditional highlights programme.
Eurosport will also be providing TV coverage of the show.
- Wednesday, 19 December, 8.45-9.45pm, the Ericsson Challenge
- Thursday, 20 December, 9-10pm, the Masters
- Friday, 21 December, 9.05-10pm, the Accenture Puissance
- Saturday, 22 December, 7.20-8pm and 8-9pm, the knock out and the World Cup qualifier
- Sunday, 23 December, 9.30-11pm, the grand prix.
Olympia takes place from 19-23 December. For tickets contact the box office (tel: 0870 733 0733) or visit the website at www.olympiashowjumping.com. For private boxes call Daniella Lipman on (tel: 020 7370 8206).
For full story see this week’s Horse & Hound magazine (29 November 2001), or click here to subscribe at a special pre-Christmas rate.