British Riding Clubs is sending a team of six, plus two individuals, to contest the Riding Club European Eventing Championship, also known as Rural Riders, at Minderhout, Belgium (17-20 July).
The squad of eight, led by chef d’equipe Richard Waygood and chef de mission Sir Robert Hayman-Joyce, comprises:
- Emma Mould (Lord Bertram)
- Julie Hardy (The Ribble Rebel)
- Kate Scott (A Touch Of Dutch)
- Alison Lidstone (Creevagh George)
- Fiona Muirhead (Rose’s Double)
- Samantha York (Tia Maria)
- Sara Deary (Shiver St George)
- Natasha Eastwood (Indigo Night)
The non-travelling reserves are Jane Rock (Mystic Legend) and Erika Green (Galbaly Prince).
A unique feature of this championship is the team dressage, where all six members ride the test together. This phase is followed by individual dressage, cross-country and show jumping.
The event is now recognised by the FEI and counts as a CIC** qualification. British Riding Clubs has been sending a team since 1991 and has won the bronze medal on the past two occasions.
Read more news in this week’s Horse & Hound (10 July), or click here to subscribe and enjoy Horse & Hound delivered to your door every week.