Eleven riders have been long-listed for the Derby House Pony Eventing Squad to represent Britain in the Pony European Championships at Necarne Castle, Ireland (22-27 July).
Newly crowned British champion, Tara Morrison and Billy Joe Bob, who were reserves for last year’s squad, head the line up.
Good performances at the Charles Owen National Pony Championships earned Emily Llewellyn two long-list places with Bally Duff Rusty and Killusty Prince, while Daniel Megson is the only boy in contention.
The long-listed pony riders are:
- Tabitha Baird (Fair Chiffon)
- Claudia Barozzi (Welton Jazz)
- Lucinda Eaton (Millbrook Ifor)
- Rachel Gough (Killyfassey Freddie)
- Emily Llewellyn (Ballyduff Rusty/Killusty Prince)
- Samantha Magennis (Baydale Velvet)
- Daniel Megson (Bletchendon Fanfare)
- Tara Morrison (Billy Joe Bob)
- Alice Pearson (Joker)
- Lucy Roberts (Langtons Light)
- Alex Galliers-Pratt (Llanstinan Ivor)
The final selection trial will take place at Stonar School on 27-29 June, after which the short-listed riders will be announced.
Read the full story in this week’s Horse & Hound (12 June), or click here to subscribe and enjoy Horse & Hound delivered to your door every week.