British Eventing (BE) has announced it will repeat this year’s popular cross-country performance and safety workshops.
The eventing safety training days start in early January and run through to March.
“These are full days designed to improve technical ability, knowledge, safety and confidence,” explained Christie Wright of BE’s coaching development team, the five-strong group who run and teach at the workshops.
The workshops are practical and theoretical, including course-walking, understanding course-design and increasing rider awareness through safety education and responsibility. They also cover rider fitness, balance and position, including the use of DVD rider analysis.
The riding section concentrates on improving technique, including pace and rhythm to curving lines and accuracy fences, such as corners, arrowheads and angled rails.
Groups are tailored for all levels from training to advanced. The price is £70 for a riding place and £35 for a non-riding place.
Visit www.coachingdt.com or call Christie Wright for details, tel: 07702 309547.
- 3 January — Bishop Burton, East Yorks
- 4 January — Moulton College, Northants
- 10 January — Hartpury, Glos
- 11 January — Hoplands, Hants
- 17 January — Aintree, Liverpool
- 18 January— Bilsington Priory, Kent
- 24 January — Duchy College, Cornwall
- 25 January — Solihull, Warks
- 31 January — Unicorn Centre, Glos
- 1 February — Usk College, Wales
- 8 February — Shuttleworth College, Beds
- 14 February — Golden Cross, Sussex
- 16 February — Berkshire College, Berks
- 19 February — Osbaldeston, Lancs
- 19 February — Vale View, Leics
- 20 February — Richmond, North Yorks
- 4th March — West Wilts, Wilts
Outdoor Workshop dates to follow — see www.coachingdt.com.