The organising committee for the London Olympics in 2012 has advertised for a competition manager for Olympic and Paralympic Equestrian disciplines as one of 29 sport competition managers to oversee the running of each Olympic competition.
In addition to this, responsibilities will include being the focal point for International Federation/International Paralympic Sport Federation (IF) contact in relation to competition issues.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that the competition is conducted in accordance with IF rules and regulations
- Helping to work with other areas to organise the test event
- Liaising with the IF technical delegates and the governing body on matters relating to the preparation of the competition
- Establishing a list of equipment required for your competition
- Recruiting, training and managing staff on a day to day basis
Key skills which are required for this position include:
- Detailed knowledge of relevant Olympic/Paralympic requirements
- Experience in event management and operations
- Close relationship with bodies involved
- Ability to work to timetable and budget under pressure
- Report writing and presentation skills
They are looking for a team player who is enthusiastic about equestrian sports and self-motivated. The term of employment will run from December of this year. Full details and a job description are available on The London 2012 website, www.london2012.co.uk, in the vacancies section. The closing date is 16th March.