Canada has named a squad of five riders, plus a further seven reserve combinations, to contest the endurance competition at the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games.
Endurance Canada WEG Squad
- Elroy Karius with Apache Eclypse
- Gail Jewell with NL Temptation
- Robert Gielen with F.C. Galaxy
- Ruth Sturley with RBF Super Sport
- Yvette Vinton with Teese
- Gail Jewell with Diamond Reo
- Terre O’Brennan with Koszaar
- Carol Steiner with Jumpin’ Jax
- Kathy Irvine with Nightwind’s Savanah
- Trisha Dowling with ZF Mocha
- Gail Jewell with A Salisbury Rose
- Leanna Marchant with Samsons Fire
“On behalf of Endurance Canada International, I am extremely pleased to announce the list of ranked riders and alternates for the upcoming World Equestrian Games in Kentucky,” said Myna Cryderman, chair of Endurance Canada International Subcommittee. “I know how hard all the contenders for these positions have worked for their opportunity to represent Canada at these Games. I congratulate all of riders for their efforts.”
Members of the squad and the reserve combinations will all arrive in Lexington on 18 September, to allow time to focus prior to the competition on 26 September. The official team and individual competitors will be announced following the official first veterinary inspection on 25 September.
“I’ve had a wonderful opportunity this year to attend numerous FEI CEI 3* 160 km competitions to observe our elite athletes compete with top riders in North America,” Kay Melvin, chef d’équipe of the Canadian Endurance Team.
“I sincerely congratulate the members of our squad, and I look forward to being with them and the rest of the team officials and crew in Kentucky doing what we do best, which is working as a Team going for a spot on the podium.”
- Read the latest World Equestrian Games news