Have you taken a brilliant eventing photo in 2016? If so, enter our amateur photographer competition. The prize is one money can’t buy: press accreditation to the Mitsubishi Motors Badminton Horse Trials 2017, giving free entry to the event plus access to the media areas.
We’re looking for classic action pictures, but also quirky angles, backstage and innovative photos.
To enter, send a maximum of three photos — taken at British Eventing or FEI affiliated events during the 2016 season — to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Eventing photo competition”. Please attach each photo to a separate email with a maximum file size of 10MB.
Please include details of the horse, rider and venue, the photographer’s name, address, phone number and email address.
The closing date is 11.59pm on 20 January 2017.
Competition terms and conditions
- The promoter of the competition (“Competition“) is Time Inc. (UK) Ltd, (“TIUK”), which has its registered offices located at the Blue Fin Building, 110 Southwark Street, London SE1 0SU and is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 53626.
- There will be one (1) winner of the competition (“Winner”).
- The Winner will win the following: One (1) press accreditation for the Mitsubishi Motors Badminton Horse Trials from the 3 – 7 May 2017 (the “Prize“).
- The Winner is responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the Prize, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas.
- Your entry into the Competition (“Entry“) is not dependent on any purchase.
- The Competition is open to residents in the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man (excluding Northern Ireland) aged eighteen (18) or over, excluding employees and past employees of TIUK, its printers and agents and anyone materially connected to the administration of the Competition. Proof of eligibility must be provided upon request.
- The competition is only open to amateur photographers who have not previously had their photographs published before.
- To enter the Competition, entrants (“Entrant“) must send a maximum of three (3) photographs (“Entry Content”) taken at British Eventing or Fédération Equestre Internationale (“FEI”) affiliated equestrian events in 2016 email@example.com. The following information must be included in the Entry:
- The subject line must read “Eventing photo competition”.
- Each photograph must be attached to a separate email and have a maximum file size of 10MB.
- Details of the horse, rider and venue must be included.
- The photographer’s name, address, telephone number and email address must be included.
Use of a false name, address will result in disqualification.
- Competition will open on 15 December 2016 and the closing date is 11.59 GMT on 20 January 2017.
- Only three (3) photographs per person may be submitted. All entries will become the property of TIUK and the Winner’s photo will be published in a future issue of H&H. Some highly commended/runner-up photos may also be published. TIUK accepts no responsibility for entries not received via email.
- By submitting an Entry, Entrants hereby grant to TIUK and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliated and joint venture companies (“Group Companies”) a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable and perpetual licence to use, sub-license, reproduce, modify, amend, adapt, copy, transmit, broadcast, publish, create derivative works from, display, archive (digitally and in hard copy), or delete the Entry Content (including, without limitation, the photograph, likeness, biographical information, voice, text, images, designs, audio and/or video clips submitted in entering the competition or any statement made by you concerning the competition) in whole or in part, and to incorporate it singly or collectively into other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including but not limited to, for promotional or marketing purposes and secondary productions. For the avoidance of doubt (but without limitation) this means that the Entrant’s name, location and Entry Content may be displayed online and posted across TIUK’s and its Group Companies’ publishing platforms, social media platforms and promotional or marketing materials.
- Entries must be made directly by the person entering the Competition. By submitting an Entry you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Competition will be judged by a representative of Badminton Horse Trials, a representative of Horse & Hound and an independent judge by 28 February 2017.
- The Winner will be notified by email only between 9am on 21 January 2017 and 11.59pm on 3 March 2017.
- The Prize will be dispatched by Mistubishi Motors Badminton Horse Trials via first class post, as soon as the pass becomes available for the event. For the avoidance of doubt, this will be during April 2017.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the Winner. If the Winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) calendar days, or if the Winner is unable to comply with these terms and conditions, TIUK reserves the right to offer the Prize the runner-up.
- The decision of TIUK is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and these terms and conditions and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
- Failure to respond to information requested by TIUK, failure to provide a valid UK address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the Prize.
- The Prize is as stated and is not transferable to another individual. No cash or other alternatives will be offered. The Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer.
- Prizes are subject to availability. TIUK accepts no responsibility whatsoever for elements of the Prize being withdrawn. In the event of the Prize being unavailable, TIUK reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- TIUK reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel or amend the Competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- TIUK also reserves the right to cancel individual Entries without liability to affected participants where such Entries do not (in the opinion of TIUK) enter into the spirit of the Competition or if the security or proper administration of the Competition or the validity of an Entry is adversely affected. In the event of cancellation, termination or suspension, TIUK may, at its discretion, select a winner from eligible, non-suspect or unaffected Entries, received prior to the event requiring such cancellation, termination or suspension.
- The Winner agrees to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by TIUK relating to any post-winning publicity.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material, the details in these standard terms and conditions shall prevail.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.