Moreton Morrell College, part of the Warwickshire College Group, has delivered excellence in land-based teaching and learning since 1948 and has provided specialist equine courses for more than 40 years. The college offers excellent facilities, high quality equine courses including a large suite of degrees, real-world experience and career-focused opportunities.
With subjects including equine therapy, business management, sports science, horse care, coaching, equine science, horseracing industry and many more, there’s a course at Moreton Morrell College to suit every specialism and level of experience.
As a student, you’ll enjoy:
- Highly qualified and experienced tutors – postgraduates and BHSIs
- Equine hydrotherapy and rehabilitation centre
- New for 2016 – Equine Sports Academy (dressage and eventing)
- Excellent arenas with modern high-tech surfaces for riding
- Horse and rider performance units
- High speed equine treadmill and simulator
- Stabling for more than 100 horses
- Livery including turn out
- An indoor school, a covered outdoor school, a large outdoor riding arena and horse walker
- British eventing cross-country course
- A full diary of equine events and competitions for all levels and disciplines
- Leading farriery training college with purpose-built farriery centre
- Specialist distance learning course
- Excellent industry contacts
All this is set within a beautiful Warwickshire campus containing a working commercial farm, a large animal welfare centre and specialist veterinary nursing facilities.The college covers 750 acres of countryside, giving you a fantastic ‘real life’ learning environment with a close-knit community feel and vibrant student life.
Upcoming Open Events
Open Events at Moreton Morrell College are a great way to view the excellent facilities, meet friendly, helpful tutors and get free advice on all of the exciting equine careers available.
Open Event – Saturday 30 January, 10am-1pm – register your place online now
Moreton Morrell College also holds open events specifically for anyone interested in equine degree courses. The day includes a presentation, tour of the campus and HE-centred Q&A session with expert tutors:
HE Equine Open Events – book your place in advance
- Saturday 30 January, 10am – 1pm
- Saturday 27 February, 10am – 1pm
- Saturday 12 March, 10am – 1pm
- Saturday 9 April, 10am – 1pm
- Saturday 21 May, 10am – 1pm
- Saturday 11 June, 10am – 1pm
- Saturday 2 July, 10am – 1pm
- Friday 19 August, 10am – 1pm
Find out more about Moreton Morrell College >>
FE Equine courses
HE Equine courses
Moreton Morrell College’s equine degree courses are designed with industry input to enhance your employability:
- FdA Equine Business Management
- BA (Hons) Equine Business Management
- FdSc Equitation Coaching
- BSc (Hons) Equine Performance Coaching
- FdSc Equine Science
- BSc (Hons) Equine Science
- BSc (Hons) Equine and Human Sports Science
- FdA Equine Management
- BA (Hons) Equine Studies
- BSc (Hons) Equine Therapy and Rehabilitation
- FdSc Horseracing Industry
- BSc (Hons) Horseracing Industry (top-up)
The college also offers specialist distance learning study programmes to fit around work and family commitments which include tailored study support and extensive e-learning resources.
Staff and students engage in on-going research projects that help to develop the industry. Such projects include improving equine performance, gait analysis, nutrition and equine business management.
What the students say
Ceola – Horse Management
Louise – Horse Management
Louise came to Moreton Morrell College for a taster day and was hooked. She said: “The staff are lovely and I think I had the best tutor ever. It is a top quality course and you are well supported throughout it. Besides the course, one of the best things about college is the new friends you make and you have a great social life.”
Emma – BSc (Hons) Sport Science (Equine and Human)
Emma completed her BSc (Hons) at Moreton Morrell College and also undertook an additional placement year, which she spent working at a riding school and livery yard. Emma is now doing a masters degree at Nottingham Trent University.
Emma says: “I thoroughly enjoyed my degree. I stayed at Moreton Morrell as a residential student and the centre had a real community feel. I especially enjoyed being able to bring my own horse, Sam, to the college and have him stabled just a few minutes away from where I was staying. The staff were friendly and incredibly helpful, especially when it came to writing my dissertation.”
Russell Guire – BSc (Hons) Equine and Sports Science
Russell has set up his own business, Centaur Biomechanics, which uses specialist software to analyse the gait of horses, and designs exercises to minimise the risk of injury
Russell says: “I suffer with severe dyslexia and I have to say that the learning support given by the college was fantastic. The smaller class sizes also meant I could cope with learning in a way I don’t think I could have done otherwise. Obtaining my degree was a great honour, giving me great pleasure and motivation.
New Equine Therapy and Rehabilitation Centre at Moreton Morrell College
The new Equine Therapy and Rehabilitation Centre at Moreton Morrell College hosts state of the art equipment including an equine water treadmill. It is used for improving flexibility and promoting correct movement and gait in a safe controlled environment with low impact on the horse.
The new hydrotherapy spa is used to treat many common lower leg injuries. Both pieces of equipment are vital in the promotion of therapy and rehabilitation of performance horses.
The centre also houses many purpose-built stalls in which students can gain first hand massage and therapeutic techniques.